I had an angina at rest a few days ago

I had an angina at rest a few days ago. What am I supposed to do now? This was my first attack. Do I need to see a doctor?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
yes,, u need to go to doctor as soon as possible

Hello, i am 34 fem . 58kgs/166 cm. blood tests 2 months ago showed slight anemia, perfect cholesterol, trigly all perfect. exercise 3-5times a week. i hadn't exercised for a week due to easter holidays. today as i went for a walk(without having anything to eat before) i had pain that started from the upper back like bad indigestion and my heart reached 158 hr very quickly. due to the fact that it was my 2nd period day i also had very bad bleeding and blood clots . during exercise i once reached 175hr with no symptoms. 2 hrs later again during a walk i had very bad pain in chest and back .i did not experience sob or dizziness or anything. felt like bruising all over. although climbing stairs with a tv or exercising at home didn't bring on the pain again. was it angina ? i also been having a chest cold for the past few days.

Hello.. I have been taking bisoprl/hctz 5/6.25 since 2000. I have been having some angina the past few weeks. Saw cardiologist 2 days ago. He told me to take Amlodipine 5mg. along with it. Then to drop the simvastatin after one week. I don t understand this. Can you help me. I am female. 72 yrs. old 5ft2 inches. About 135 lbs. Had stent (heart) about 8 months ago. Thank yu. Jackie Gaskin

Past hx dx of MVP through ECG s, TEE & EKG s. No meds taken. On Thurs, I walked up our driveway, which is about 10ft long & on a slight incline, my heart began to skip beats. It did this several times. Each episode lasting 2-3 seconds & SOB was experienced. I became lightheaded w/ each palpation. I sat down for 20 min. My b/p was 100/79 with a HR of 85. 30 min later, I was still having palpations, my b/p was 90/72 with HR of 90. 30 min later, fingers began to tingle, & lips became pale. My bp was 80/60 with 100bpm HR. I made my way to the ER. At the ER, SPO2 was 95, so 3L of O2 was given. I experienced another palpation, which set off alarms at the nurses station. It was a PVC that lasted 3-4 seconds. The nurse explained I experienced V-tach & I was admitted to the hospital. While there, I had continuous O2 for SOB & EKG s around the clock, as well as cardiac panels. My EKG s revealed inverted T-waves. I had a cardiac MRI which revealed no blockages. I also had a stress test. My resting HR was 72. Less than 1 minute after beginning the stress test, my HR soared to 135. 3 minutes into the test, I had a 3-4 second PVC. I endured the stress test for a total of 7 minutes, reaching my goal HR of 165bpm. I had to lay down after the test to get my HR to come back down. It stayed around 120bpm for 20 minutes. I then had another MRI, which revealed nothing new. ECG was done & the cardiologist said I don’t have MVP & I am to a tilt-table test for further information. I also had a thyroid test, which revealed a normal thyroid. Cardiac panels came back normal & imbalances were detected. I spent 3 days in the hospital, with absolutely no news or medications. My last night in the hospital, I experienced a hotflash with sweaty palms. My eyes became bloodshot & I experienced mild angina. I was given a Xanex & told to sleep. I am in the dark as to what is wrong with me & would love insight as to what COULD be causing this to occur.

Recent questions on  Angina pectoris

have been having episodes of hypertension and cardiac pain. I spent Tuesday night in the ER getting blood work done, including a hs-CRP test which came back elevated at 7.4 mg/dL. I had a troponin test done that came back as slightly elevated (0.9 ng/mL). I also had an EKG which showed tachycardia (resting heart rate up into the 160s) as well as episodes of a-fib, and an echocardiogram which showed my left atrium was significantly thickened/larger than expected for a normal twenty year old. I was admitted to the cardiac unit over night for observation and given nitroglycerin for the pain as well as medication for my blood pressure. The blood pressure levels regulated somewhat, going down to average of 138/95 at discharge. They gave me a preliminary diagnosis of angina which is shocking since I m 20, of normal weight, have a healthy diet, and normal cholesterol. I ve been referred to a cardiologist and am scheduled for a stress test on Monday. What should I expect? What will the stress test show? Also, what does a enlarged left atrium mean? Is it serious? thanks!

Hi Dr Oana, I have had a stale blood (reddish brown) discharge for over ten years - both breasts. I am 47 years old, had cervical cancer at 31; current health issues: angina, coronary artery disease, fibromyalgia, high cholesterol not sufficiently controlled with medication (Lipitor for many years and now on Vytorin). I have just noticed the discharge (left breast) has changed to black from one duct, dark green from 3 others. The R breast is still a normal milky discharge. I have saw a specialist 1 year ago who did no tests but said to come back in 2 years. I have never had a biopsy or sample of the discharge examined - should I request my GP organise a needle biopsy (was sent to have one via ultrasound but they decided at the appointment not to do it for some reason. Kind regards, and thank your for assisting, Caroline Todd

My wife, aged 56, had a heart attack (angina) last saturday and after observation in Vasai Hospital for 2 days had angiography in S.R.Mehta Cardiac Clinic, Kings Circle on 7 Jan 11 and diagnosed with 4 blockages with one major to be operated within a week. Cost may exceed 1 lac. Do you have any solution. Thanking you.Sincerely Suresh - YYYY@YYYY

Have mild chest pains after walkng for 20 minutes. They last about 15 minutes and when I slow down they go away. The rest of the day I just feel somewhat tired. Had echo,stress test on tread mill and angiogram CT scan. They said my heart is fine but I have some indictation of blocked arteries. One of them appears to be about 55-70% but they do not want to do an angiogram with stent. I had a liver transplant last Dec 2009 and it is fine. I maintain a good BP and pulse rate is a little low. After walking my BP is about 119/65 and HR is 62. Always, but I do have morning hypertension and am taking Cozaar and Norvasc along with Prograff,Imuran--Immunosurpressants for LIVER and Bactrim. The seem to cause headaches EVERY night about 2am that last for several hours. thought I was having a stroke but they ruled that out. Went to ER several times thinking that I was having a heart attack. EKG shows nothing and the heart enzyme tests are negative. I am puzzled. My dentist who is an avid runner said that I may be having ANGINA and to take my NITRO with me. I don t want to stop walking but this has been gpoing on for 3 months and nothing has been diagnosed? Thank You.

Is pain under my right shoulder blade likely to be gall stones? YYYY@YYYY

I get sharp chest pains that are relieved by burping. Can this be a sign of a heart condition?

I have had migraine headaches since I was 12 years old; I am now 65 years old. Everyone in my family has them, both maternal and paternal sides. We can trace them back to my great-grandmother. I have been using Imitrex since it came on the market....