I had an angina at rest a few days ago

I had an angina at rest a few days ago. What am I supposed to do now? This was my first attack. Do I need to see a doctor?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
yes,, u need to go to doctor as soon as possible

Hello, i am 34 fem . 58kgs/166 cm. blood tests 2 months ago showed slight anemia, perfect cholesterol, trigly all perfect. exercise 3-5times a week. i hadn't exercised for a week due to easter holidays. today as i went for a walk(without having anything to eat before) i had pain that started from the upper back like bad indigestion and my heart reached 158 hr very quickly. due to the fact that it was my 2nd period day i also had very bad bleeding and blood clots . during exercise i once reached 175hr with no symptoms. 2 hrs later again during a walk i had very bad pain in chest and back .i did not experience sob or dizziness or anything. felt like bruising all over. although climbing stairs with a tv or exercising at home didn't bring on the pain again. was it angina ? i also been having a chest cold for the past few days.

Hello.. I have been taking bisoprl/hctz 5/6.25 since 2000. I have been having some angina the past few weeks. Saw cardiologist 2 days ago. He told me to take Amlodipine 5mg. along with it. Then to drop the simvastatin after one week. I don t understand this. Can you help me. I am female. 72 yrs. old 5ft2 inches. About 135 lbs. Had stent (heart) about 8 months ago. Thank yu. Jackie Gaskin

Past hx dx of MVP through ECG s, TEE & EKG s. No meds taken. On Thurs, I walked up our driveway, which is about 10ft long & on a slight incline, my heart began to skip beats. It did this several times. Each episode lasting 2-3 seconds & SOB was experienced. I became lightheaded w/ each palpation. I sat down for 20 min. My b/p was 100/79 with a HR of 85. 30 min later, I was still having palpations, my b/p was 90/72 with HR of 90. 30 min later, fingers began to tingle, & lips became pale. My bp was 80/60 with 100bpm HR. I made my way to the ER. At the ER, SPO2 was 95, so 3L of O2 was given. I experienced another palpation, which set off alarms at the nurses station. It was a PVC that lasted 3-4 seconds. The nurse explained I experienced V-tach & I was admitted to the hospital. While there, I had continuous O2 for SOB & EKG s around the clock, as well as cardiac panels. My EKG s revealed inverted T-waves. I had a cardiac MRI which revealed no blockages. I also had a stress test. My resting HR was 72. Less than 1 minute after beginning the stress test, my HR soared to 135. 3 minutes into the test, I had a 3-4 second PVC. I endured the stress test for a total of 7 minutes, reaching my goal HR of 165bpm. I had to lay down after the test to get my HR to come back down. It stayed around 120bpm for 20 minutes. I then had another MRI, which revealed nothing new. ECG was done & the cardiologist said I don’t have MVP & I am to a tilt-table test for further information. I also had a thyroid test, which revealed a normal thyroid. Cardiac panels came back normal & imbalances were detected. I spent 3 days in the hospital, with absolutely no news or medications. My last night in the hospital, I experienced a hotflash with sweaty palms. My eyes became bloodshot & I experienced mild angina. I was given a Xanex & told to sleep. I am in the dark as to what is wrong with me & would love insight as to what COULD be causing this to occur.

Recent questions on  Angina pectoris

my heart keeps stopping, its for several seconds then it restarts with an almighty thump. I have a terrible feeling of sinking when this happens. It started about 4 years ago and is getting more regular. I'm 33, 5'2“, approx 140lbs, female with no health probs but with family heart probs, ie angina, m.i, etc.

I M PURUSHOTTAM BHADADA OF 67YRS FRM JALGAON, SUFFERING FRM CHEST PAIN N PALPITATIONS FRM FEW DAYS I M ALSO HAVING PAIN IN LEFT SHOULDER RADIOGRAPHICALLY DIAGNOSED AS ARTHRITIS,CAN THIS B RELATED TO ANGINA ECG REPORTS R NORMAL SHULD I UNDERGO ANGIOGRAPY PR STRESS TEST I M ON HYPOGLYCEMICS N I M ASTHEMATIC N USING ASTHALIN ROTOCAP FR LAST 5 YRS SO WAT SHULD I DO NOW

my husband had a big operation on his ear 16 years ago he has had angina for 6 years just found out that he has had c o p d over the last 2 or 3 yeas and for the last few months his right nostril has been bleeding he has astma and it was his right ear aswell

I use Inderal la 80mg for an indefinite period of thirty years. It is now off the market. My doctor pur blokka 40mg prescribed. how many pills should I drink every day. the two weeks that I am on a drug, I m off balance, sometimes feel like I do to myself is not whistling in my ears, dizzy. I feel like I have a lack of oxygen, my heart s rhythm is not normal it time then I feel tired. Inderal la 80mg is prescribed for narrowing of arteries in my brain and heart, angina, migraine, heart rates and blood pressure ranging

Is pain under my right shoulder blade likely to be gall stones? YYYY@YYYY

I get sharp chest pains that are relieved by burping. Can this be a sign of a heart condition?

I have had migraine headaches since I was 12 years old; I am now 65 years old. Everyone in my family has them, both maternal and paternal sides. We can trace them back to my great-grandmother. I have been using Imitrex since it came on the market....