Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

I got HbsAg positive, what to do ?

Sir, I am 30yrs old, i went to donate the blood to my sister on 08.01.2011, they told HbsAG is positive. Then immediately i tested the blood checkup and in the report HIV I & II - Negative, HbsAg - Positive, and V.D.R.L - Non- Reactive . Doctor had given me the tablets names tefon 300mg. can u give me the suggestion what precautions should I take.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  459
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi... Welcome to healthcaremagic forum.
The presently the drugs used in the treatment of hepatitis B infection are antiviral drugs and interferon. The principle behind treatment is to prevent complications...
Based on previous studies, the risk of complications is directly proportional to viral load. Hence you will need these medications; if your viral load is high...
Thus you need regular monitoring of liver functions; viral load monitoring and regular follow up with a gastroenterologist.
Avoid alcohol and hepatotoxic drugs in the future.
Answered: Mon, 24 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor