Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

I get pain in my wrists and palm,is it serious ?

i get pain in my wrists and happens due to working in front of pc. it started about 6 yrs back. whenever i use the pc i develop the pain. is it serious?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  594
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

You might have developed "carpal tunnel synrdrome" which is common in people using PC. Get this evalutaed and corrected. Practice work ergonomics to avoid future problems.

Answered: Sat, 9 Jan 2010
  User's Response
Haha, this is the problem of our profession. Now also I am having pain while typing this.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

Rest your wrists properly while working on the comp. That should solve your issue.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

They say that you need to follow a proper posture at work. So do talk to an occupational therapist about it.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor