I fell down a step and landed on my right rib. Could my rib be cracked or more likely bruised ?

I fell down a step and landed on my right rib breast area The first day was extremely painful There has been some improvement a week later but it still hurts to cough clear my throat and move a certain way Could my rib be cracked or more likely bruised 54 year old female. Fell down concrete step, landed on right rib breast area knocking the breath out of me. Pain diminished a little after first two days. It s still somewhat painful after one week. Could my rib be cracked or more likely bruised.
Sat, 30 Apr 2011