Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

I am unable to concentrate on studies. should I go to another psychiatrist ?

I have completed my 12th with good mrks but now I am losing my concentration on studies I wanted to study but I cann t some bad time memory comes in my mind and stops me studying. I am preaparing for aieee. there is much less time for exm. but I am unable to concentrate on studies. I went to psychiatrist. he gave me some tablets but they are not effective . should I go to another psychiatrist.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  363
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
thanks for using health care magic.
I have gone through your available history.
lack of concentration , if associated with sadness of mood, and disinterest is integral part of depression.
You may have performance anxiety also.
drugs usually take some time to act. so you should wait for some more time.
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Dietitian & Nutritionist Ms. Ketki's  Response

Oh dear ! Relax.. Chill out !!

Unless you are cool headed, you will not be able to organize your work well.

Make it a point am talking about " Organizing " ; where time management and workload management is important. Understand the exam structure and study accordingly.

Try following tips:

1. Yoga / meditation / Morning walk
2. Timely study
3. Balanced Diet

All the Best !! Let me know what all you have tried and how much was it useful to you !

For further querries / communication :
Contact :
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear Dinesh, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
You have passed 12th exams-- so you are about 17-18 years of age. Its a tender age-- junction of teenage & adulthood. Few of your problems may be due to this only. IInd, psychiatric medications usually take some time for their effects; so please continue medicines. You may also take counselling. Time management as suggested here by Dr Rakesh is also essential. Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
All you need is proper time management and timely breaks. You can continue taking the prescribed medications
Answered: Sun, 13 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello dinesh..
weak memory and concentration are a result of stress n strain..and pressure
if there are any causative factor try to eliminate them from your life..
homeopathic medicines will be of great help in healing process..
try to destress yourself.. do not exert... if you are not in a mood to study avoid it for some time..
make youself happy n entertained take a break.. get refreshed and you will see the results
drink lots of water and juices hv a healthy diet with salads and veggies..
notice at what time you are best at your concentration .
take adequate rest and sleep..
wishing you good health..
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear Dinesh
your problem is bad memories of past. Life is never a cat walk, it is full of ups and downs, you should take strength from you past experience and stand in this world on your own might, just remember what man can not do He can do. so leave the things to Him. You are at a very tender age so i donot recommend to instal a feeling of being sick. pick up you reserve enegy and with help of forgiveness and devotion do meditation, concentrate on your future and not on past that is dead now. you have a bright time ahead. enjoy it. Amongst Ayurvedic medicines i would recommend you cap. streswin 1 bd and brahmi vati with gold 1 bd.
wish yoou all the best.
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor