Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from urethral pain. Had a really bad UTI .

I m 25 and began experiencing pain about 6 months ago. I had a really bad UTI and was treated for that. About two weeks later my symptoms came back and again I was told I had another UTI. This time my symptoms never went away with treatment. I ended up in the ER because I had horrible urethra pain. They gave me antibiotics and told me to visit a urologist . I went to him and he said that I did not have an infection. He eventually performed a cystoscope to look for IC. However, the cystoscope determine i did not have IC. I felt incredibly better after the scope. He decided to put me on overactive bladder medicine to see if it would help. It did for a while but then I got a kidney infection. That has since been treated but now my urethra hurts again. I don t know what to do. I am a very anxious person and deal a lot with unnecessary anxiety . Could this be a physical symptom of that? I ve been tested for stds as well and it all came back clean. I am in generally good health other than that. I just don t know what next step to take. And wonder if this could be related to anxiety or worsened by stress.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  189
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
i have the same problem. im very anxious too. i do think think there is a connection. im working with yoga and meditation yo help. have had my pain for 6 months. my best days are when im relaxed and dont smoke, drink, or eat any sugars. cutting all that out helps too. we have the exact same story. How have you been doing sense you posted this in march?
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Syed's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
If the diagnosis of organism not made correctly the infection get relapsed. So for this go for microscopy and culture and senitivity and then appropriate antibiotic for that.
Have a Healthful Day..
Answered: Mon, 28 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor