Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

I am getting frequent headache

I am having the headache for the past 1 year and it was severe from last 3 months and it is almost every day. I consulted a neurologist he prescribed to have Amitriptyline Hydrochloride starting from 10 MG, now I am taking 100 MG, but headache continues to appear once in a week. By taking this medicine I started getting side affects like acidity constupation. Now I am really worried, should I continue or should I switch the doctor ? I also got CT scan done and there was not defect in brain. Pls need expertise advise...
Fri, 28 Jan 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response


Read up CLUSTER HEADACHE on the net maybe on Weikepedia and see if you suffer from that ordeal if you do. Please tell your neurologist or change to one who specialises in Headaches.

All the Best.

General & Family Physician Dr. Bhavani's  Response
hello, according to what you have described you have vascular headache or migraine headache for which regular lifestyle is important that is timely food, good sleep and avoiding some food items like cocoa, cheese ,chinese food, colouring masala,nuts.
avoid starvation,hot sun ,noise and cold. i think that the tablet you are taking is not working for consult the doctor and try some other medicine which will help you. dont worry vascular headache is curable.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  Anonymous's Response

Amitryptyline is given for migraine headache, rebound headache. If your headache is not coming down you need to see your neurologist again. You can ask for medications to ease your acidity.

  User's Response

Cranial Sacral Therapy.....i speak as a been there and this is what helped me situation......upledger or sutherland will provide you will theraists in the area

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor