Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

I am getting a little painful and a little swollen, should I worry ?

I had blood drawn two day ago and my arm isnt bruising , I am actually getting a dark red area that keeps getting bigger and is getting a little painful and a little swollen. should I worry ?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Feb 2010
Answers:  6 Views:  1207
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
There is nothing to worry for this
You can use ice fomentations to subsidize the patch
also apply oint.thrombophob
also take tab. Limcee 100 mg twice a day for 10 days

Dr. Manish R. Rijhwani
Answered: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
You may had local blood haematoma after the puncture of vein. It may be paining and increasing in size.what i suggest in your home remedy have the ice pack massage over that massage which help to get the normal. if further dont get subside you had to visit the doctor orhospital where you get the blood tested..
take care
Answered: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gautam Das's  Response
Hi. Please show it to a doctor asap as you might have been injured while drawing the sample and there has been some bleeding from the puncture site. You may be developing a haematoma ( Blood collection)..this need to be taken care of as it will not only cause discomfort but also might get infected.
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
well you may be having this because of some injury to your blood vessel during the time of blood collection, this may result in pain and bluish spot around the collection site, apply ice on the particular area, and show to the near by doctor, may be not a serious condition to worry a lot if you are not having any other kind of blood disorder.
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
  Anonymous's Response

Yes you should and get the area examined by your doctor, see what it is due to. wait for the blood results which might show some abnormality. Start treatment for the same.

Answered: Mon, 15 Feb 2010
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear Thomas
It appears as if puncture by needle was not proper and it punctured the area adjacent to vein leading to formation of haematoma. It will resolve of its own. But if the needle was not properly steralized or came in contact with any object then it is possible that local infection may develop. If it is increasing painful or suppurating get it examined.
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor