Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

I am feeling pain in my eyes even get watering from my eyes

i am 32 year old. I have to sit infront of the. computer for more than 10 hours /day and now I am feeling very much pain in my eyes. some times I even get watering. from my eyes. Is there anything I can do to help my eyes
Sun, 20 Mar 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Are you using spectacles? Did you have eye checkups regularly?I feel you might be having refraction errors of your eyes?Constantly staring at the monitor can cause dry or watery eyes, sore, burning or itchy eyes, blurred or double vision and headaches all contribute to eye strain.Take frequent breaks after every 15 min. Give your eyes a rest by focusing on something other than the monitor.Blinking lubricates the eye, so blink more often.Place the monitor at least at arm's length. Make sure the top of the screen is at eye level so you're not straining to look up or down. Reduce unnecessary glare and check your lighting.Also i would advise you an early eye checkup now.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. JItendra Sharma's  Response
There are few things u can do about it. Prolonged sitting in front of system can lead to this. Take break every 45 mins. Blink eyes at least 5 times in a minute. Change of monitor (resolution good for eyes) and using of glasses may decrease the strain.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
yoiu have computer induced conjunctivitis, do not see the computer and if the any other person sees the same computer he also gets it
  User's Response
this is common with all the people who have to sit for long in front of computer. it is eye strain. learn some exercises on to relieve stress of the eye muscles.
  User's Response

You seem to havea computer eye syndrome, last month in our company they conducted a education class for computer related problems. They told about healthy practices for eyes and back. Consult a eye doctor and take suggestion. I had similar problem, he prescribed me some tear drops. and told to use antiglare glasses.

  User's Response
first and foremost i am already on spectacles, i have more strain and stress in my eyes. as my work is mostly computer related. i met a eye doctor, he advised me some blinking exersises in btw. now my lap top also has anti glare screen. i also use cucumber slices every day in nite. after doing all of these i am feeling better.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor