Hypertension..How to lower it without medication?

I want to lower my blood pressure with out medication. what will help? low salt I know, what else?
Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Treatment/Therapy
Diabetologist 's  Response
HI
Thanks for choosing HCM,

ok as you said that you know about salt restricted diet, i am not telling it again
but in hypertension every diet revolves around 1 thing "sodium"
so

Check food labels for sodium content

Choose unprocessed foods (processed foods use salt so that they wont spoil for a long time)

Limit processed meats and cheeses

reduce fatty foods

fish cooked less spicy can be taken

Limit pickled meats and vegetables

say no to chocolates and chips

Limit salty snacks

Limit intake of soy sauce

chineese and fast foods need to be avoided

avoid spicy foods

its good if you take foods rich in potassium so once in atime you can also go for ripe banana

take good amount of fruits

foods rich in dietary fiber are recommended

stop smoking

stop alcohol intake too

drink plenty of water

reduce caffiene intake

exercise,yoga and meditation will help you to have a good grip on your levels

hope i answered your query
feel free to contact me for further queries
thank you
General & Family Physician Dr. Sourav Ganguly's  Response
Thanks for posting query.
Please follow some basic suggestions:

1. Intake food according to his daily calorie requirement.
2. Avoid all kind of spicy food, excess mustard oil in food, red meat, food containing excess amount of fat etc.
3. Regular brisk walking, free hand exercise and yoga.
4. Salt intake within 2-3 gms/day

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly
jie's  Response
diet and exercise if you're overweight, decrease salt, pork and caffeine in your diet. the reduced salt should make a difference, we even tell people whose b/p is low it increase salt intake and it usually works