Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Huge hard red nodule in the bikini line area, painful. Is it lymphoma ?

I have a 17 year old son who has a huge nodule or something in the crease where your bikini line area would be. The mass is hard as a rock with red no fluid and looks like a mound. has been causing pain. The dr took blood and said it looks like lymphoma .. he has had it for 5 weeks before he would let us see it. what do you think?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Christen,
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
It is difficult to believe that it is lymphoma and it is further difficult to diagnose it with a simple blood test.
It can be just a keloid if the boy has tendency of hypertrophic scars and has got an injury at that site.
It would be more helpful if you could give more details and load a front and side photograph of the nodule.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
Answered: Sun, 7 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor