Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Hrt during an accident, now has deformed xiphoid process. Is there any good treatment for this problem ?

I'm an attorney who has a client hurt at work when struck very forcefully by a come-along with chain in stomach area, just below his right ribs. he had partial removal of intestines & had ventral hernia that resulted. In addition since the accident which occurred over 2 yrs ago, he has swelling & pain in stomach where struck anytime he is active & after he eats. He's been told by his doctors that he now has a deformed xiphoid process. They further indicate that surgery is not good option & that he needs to seek pain management treatment to learn to live with it. He is a 53 yr old boilimaker who did very heavy hard work. He enjoyed his work. He's been told he'll never be able to return to that type of work. Is there any specialist in Ohio who could evaluate as a second opinion as his current physicians don't seem to know much about treatment of xiphoid process?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  144
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Regarding the deformity of Xiphoid process, it is best to get an MRI scan of the area done and have it evaluated by an orthopedician. This will help in detecting the extent of damage your client has suffered.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor