How to treat white itchy spots on the skin?

I have a skin condition that is aggravating more in the summer than in the winter months but sometimes year around. I have white spots on my skin, but in the sun i get red blotches that kinda appear like a ring worm and they itch and are uncomfortable. years ago a dermatologist told me to cover my spots with head and shoulders (blue) shampoo let it dry and then rinse off but it didn t help as much as i wanted and wanted?? . Can you help?
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Ringworm is a fungal infection which takes on an average 6 to 8 weeks to get treated completely. Along with that the body soaps and washes must also be changed to a mild moisturising version. Head and shoulders is an over the counter dandruff shampoo for scalp and is not going to be effective for your skin fungal infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Smruti Pevekar