Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

How to treat skin blemishes on the face and cheeks caused due to pregnancy ?

Hello, I am 29year old women with a 4year old kid. I got pragnency blemish on my face around cheeks . I used many blemish cream but there is no result. My skin type is oily. please suggest me what to do as its increasing.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You must have developed Melasma or photosensitive dark rash around the cheeks. It occurs due to hormone changes in pregnancy. Firstly avoid sun exposure. You can use sunblock of those with SPF30 during the day. Drink plenty of water. Eat fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Do regular exercise. There are many products which will reduce the skin discolouration. Using oral contraceptive pills can aggravate the problem. Creams with hydroquinone, azelaic acid offers some improvement, although laser works wonder in experienced hands. Consult your Dermatologist of the options available to you in this regards.
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor