Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

147 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How to treat high BP?

Hi, I am a 66 year old female and suffer from high blood pressure. However I am not feeling well, have been violently sick and feel as if my heart is missing a beat. My blood pressure is 120 over 62 and pulse 77. I had a total knee replacement 4 weeks ago and have a lot of swelling in the knee and leg. Is this normal please.
Fri, 11 Mar 2016
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures ,  
Cardiologist 's  Response

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that your blood pressure and heart rate values are within the normal ranges.

Regarding your symptoms, they could be related to inflammation.

I recommend consulting with your attending physician for a careful physical exam and some tests:

- a resting ECG and cardiac ultrasound to examine your cardiac structure and function
- an ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring to examine your heart rhythm trends during the day and exclude possible cardiac arrhythmia
- blood lab tests (complete blood count, PCR, sedimentation rate, blood electrolytes, thyroid hormone levels).

You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!


Dr. Iliri
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello sirI m 26 years male from Pakistan, my weight is75kgs and 5 8 height. Since last six months I have high BP problem. In the morning when I got up I have 100/60 my BP and 60 bpm heart rate but at evening my BP goes 140/100 and increased heart beat rate and I feel weight on me head and less pain on left side of chest for short time. Sir many times in day me heart beat increase like 85 bpm, I feel sweating in my hands. some time I feel that I will got of or going to unconcious. I have regular and extra deep sleep at nights, not have any social problem. My all blood tests, ETT and heart Echo test are normal what I should do and what is problem with me? Help me please

doctor1 MD

I have anxiety, I also am on medication for high blood pressure, although its not crazy high, its 120ish over 90ish unless I relax then its lower. The other night my son woke up screaming and I woke up from a sound sleep and bolted to his room, by the time I got to his room my heart was pounding so hard that it hurt. It only hurt while pounding and has not hurt since. Could that one incident have damaged anything? Its never beat that hard, it scared me...

doctor1 MD

my friend got operated for mitteral valve prolapse on june 2012. and dr prescribed tab cardivas cr 20 one no. per day and deplatt or clopikind as -75. but his B P IS 160/100 Now question is why B P is so high and is there any side effect. if so what is the remedy . thank you

Recent questions on  Orthopedic surgery

doctor1 MD

i m 13 and everytime i stand my left knee pops and its sore all the time and is embarrising please help, i m 5 7 or 5 8 and 160 pounds and i ve had two hip surgerys about a year ago....because i had a s.c.f.e slipped capitol femoral eppyfisis because i fell directly on my knee cap

doctor1 MD

i am 35 years old. there are gaps in my knee joint. I want to know the natural ways to slow down the degeneration process of my knee tssues. its a ostearthiritis in the earliest stage. please help n wanted to know the excersies also for the same condition

doctor1 MD

I have severe pain in both ankles due to osteoarthritis.I have had an ankle fusion in one foot and waiting for a fusion in the other foot.I have had steriod injections and various tablets over the years.I have had this for 12yrs.Im thinking of claiming dla.would I be entitled?

doctor1 MD

my father did an orthopedic surgery he should receive clexane is there any tablet form the same as clexane function also someone diabetic 50 yrs old did cardiac catheterization bec of 4 thrombi in the heart and put stents since 4 yearsdoes he must receive plavix or jasperin for ever or what thank you very much

doctor1 MD

I've had an eye problems since August 30th. ? I got it while at the dentist office August 22. He announced he was tired and just flew in from XXXXXXX and England. He wore no mask as he inserted final crown on upper right. When his receptionist...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I am from XXXXXXX , Could you please suggest me is there anyways to gain my height. which way is the best way either Natural or supplementary. Gender- Male Age- 27+ Height - 5.2 weight - 45+ Natural Way - Diet List and duration Medicine...