Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

How to treat dark skin under eyes?

hi,i have very bad dark skin under my eyes,how to treat it? before this i ve got an allergy reaction to moisturizer cream,it makes my skin dry and itch mostly at the angle of mouth and chin..then after taking some medication its subside,but it recur mostly during winter period without using the skin became dry and scaly.later on it became darker compare to other area of my face,how to bleach this dark skin?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  321
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic forum
As most of cosmetics contains chemicals ,some of which are harmful to health,company mostly conceal this fact from customer .So get the level of all the chemicals in cosmetic tested if feasible ,get treatment accordingly.
Wish you good health
Answered: Mon, 2 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,

There are certain creams which can cause pigmentation if you are allergic to it.In fact in certain cases even bleaching creams used to lighten color can ironically cause darkness of skin .This is called ochronosis .Its been medically proved too.In such cases its better to use only medicated creams which are relatively safe and has low fragrance content .
You can get a patch testing done with the cosmetic series in such a case.Consult a dermatologist who has these facilities.

Dark circles are multi-factorial,and its difficult to find the exact cause to it also.It can be because of low iron level,disturbed sleep, hereditary reason ,excess sun exposure ,low water intake ,chronic illness etc.There are various combination creams available containing either kojic acid,hydroquinone,vitamin c,tretinoin etc.Consult a dermatologist who can access your case in detail and prescribe you the right combination.

Answered: Tue, 3 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor