Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

How to take care of 4 year old chil suffering from typhoid ?

My child is around 4.5 years old. For the past 15 days , he is suffering from high fever . When I checked with doctor , blood test has been done. it is typhoid positive in blood culture . So what is the diet to be maintained and can she take a solid food like milk rice or curd rice. Please advice me. How to take care?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Oct 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  198
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Give your daughter a normal diet avoiding too much oil and spices.Also avoid non vegetarian food and eggs.Give her fresh fruits and juices,rice,curd, pulses etc Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 2 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM>
In typhoid fever yes semi solid food like curd and rice, even idli all fruites can be given.
But as she is running fever since long try to give plenty of liquids orally as well and
physical rest as well is equally important. Thanks
Answered: Sun, 2 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor