How to prevent stroke in hypertension ?

I came to know that hypertensives are more prone for stroke. is there any way that stroke can be prevented in hypertensives ?
Wed, 9 Dec 2009
's  Response

There are five strategies that helps in preventing the complications of hypertension. These include diet, maintaining ideal  body weight, exercise, stress reduction, avoiding alcohol and smoking & drug compliance and follow up.

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

my grandma had stroke, she was not controlling her BP properly, doctor said if bp had controlled properly then stroke can be prevented

Dr.B.S.Kumar's  Response

best way to countrl Bp is reassur the patint  friendly talk ask her to sleep with out pello  avoid fan &

gopal's  Response
It is very important that you need to miantain your blood pressure normal. By taking medications regularly you can keep your blood pressure under control and hence preventing stroke
dias's  Response
control of the hypertension is the only way..and also restrict salt as much as possible....and do some exerscise...as hypertension...is a systemic disease it can effect any organ...