Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

How to lose weight by exercise ?

hello doctor ...i am 21 yrs weight is 60 kgs and height 5.2 inches..some days before i found i am suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome i want to reduce my weight by atleast 5 kgs..i skipp rope daily - 2000 jumps,but i cant reduce a single pound...even i dont eat much... doctor are 2000 jumps enough? or i need to increase my exercise????/
Asked On : Wed, 19 Oct 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  328
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
For reducing the body weight, overall reduction in calorie intake must be combined with a moderate exercise for 25-30 minutes at least 5 days a week. The skipping of rope is a good exercise but it must be combined with aerobics. Sticking to this routine will definitely reduce your weight in 6-10 weeks. Use a digital machine to monitor your exact weight changes.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Answered: Wed, 19 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor