Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

How to increase the height ?

hello sir, i am 22 years old. my height is 5ft 4inch. can i increase my height now?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
Hello Mayank,

Yes, you can increase your height now, provided you are ready to accept surgery. Though the disadvantages of surgery are minimal, you should weigh it against the real necessity for it.You have to walk around with crutches for a few months.

Based on the amount of lengthening you require, the number of days for which you will be on the external fixator (lengthening device) will be determined.
- Your leg will be slowly lengthened by a minimum of 1mm per day.
- An external fixator i.e pins and rods will stick out of your thigh throughout the lengthening process.
- Once the desired length is achieved, the fixator will stay in place for few more weeks for the bone to strengthen after which it will be removed. i.e if you wanna achieve 10 cm lengthening, it will cost you 100 days. The fixator will remain on your thigh for few more weeks after 100 days.
Answered: Fri, 6 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor