Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to improve my son s growth?

My son is 8yrs old and 21kgs. He feels tired fast. Since childhood his weight gain has been slow.Earlier he could not eat normal amount of meals at one time and always felt nauseated.Pl. do suggest if we need to follow anything medically to strengthen him and improve his growth.
Tue, 15 Apr 2014
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for your query...the ost common cause of poor apetite and tierdness in childhood is yoy have to check his hemoglobin level and do a complete blood count and will give valuable indications towards any worm infestation or chronic diseases.another common condition is rule out that we have to do an xray,skin test and blood test.if all these investigations are normal,you need not worry.just give him plenty of fruits,veges,and proteinacous food.hope you find this information usefull.thank you.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Dear Dr, I am ambiga, 24 years old. I got married last dec 2009. My husband is 25 years old. I tested HCG positive with LMP: 22-01-2010.... But on...