How to have a medical abortion?

Hi, My wife is pregnant for the last 6-7 days and we are not in a mental position to become parents , her age is 28(approx) and internally she is very week thou in last 7 months she has not gone into any physical disorders ... plz suggest if she should go for a abortion or not cause she is experiencing this for the first time ..
Thu, 9 Jun 2016
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

MTP should be done after confirming intrauterine pregnancy by USG scan by gynecologist. Use it under the supervision of gynecologist to prevent complication and for successful abortion.

As per your history, your partner is very weak. So, better to do hemoglobin if it is below 10 g/dL you should take iron supplements and hematinics to improve hemoglobin and to prevent complication.

You can go for medical treatment as it causes bleeding just more than period as pregnancy is only 6 to 7 days.

Methodologically, tablet mifepristone 600 mg should be taken orally on first day. After 48 hour, 800 ug misoprostol vaginally/buccally should be given by gynecologist. Bleeding and cramps will start with in 30-50 minutes and last for 5-6 days as abortion process is complete.

At 14th day, USG scan is advisable for confirmation of retained products. Rest for 48 hours, analgesic, healthy diet with iron and multivitamin is advisable after abortion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dholariya Sagar Jayantilal