Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

How to get the treatment for ovarian cyst at the age of 48 years ?

my mother has ovarian cyst , her age is 48,how to treat and what will be cost. can you help me please...
Asked On : Fri, 3 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  195
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum!
I am anticipating that Your mother has had an ultrasound or ct scan done.The treatment depends on the size of the cyst and the symptoms that it is causing.It is most important to rule out that the cyst is a non malignant one.You have not mentioned whether Your mother has attained menopause or whether there is family history of such cysts.
Treatment usualy depends on the size of the cyst and the symptoms.
for small asymptomatic cysts wait and watch attitude along with regular follow up is required.Painkillers and hormonal therapy may be considered.
Cysts that occur in postmenapausal women require more thorough investigations like laproscopy,surgical biopsy or estimation of tumour markers like CA-125
If cysts are large and persisting surgery is indicated and it is upto the operating doctor to decide this.Ovaries may be removed or conserved based on the doctors decision again.
Hope I have answered your query
Bye for now!
Answered: Fri, 3 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor