• question-icon

How to determine how much fluid to be taken off during dialysis?

I am 57 years ole 5 ft 4 and I weigh 147pounds I have been on dialysis for about a year now and I don't seem to know how they determine how much fluid to take off and what does the dry weight mean . I know its the weight after dialysis. but what does all that mean?
Wed, 29 Aug 2018

Generally, the amount of fluid should be almost equal to your urine output. You can consult your nephrologist and he will assist you further.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.