Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

How to cure a 9 year old suffering from autistic disorder ?

my child aged 9+ years old is an autistic, my child s data are given below : hyper activity not not all the time, lack of concentratrion, remains in dream in his own world, does not like to share anything except his parents, he cannot speak properly but he calls me baba and mother as ma sometimes and when feel hungry asks for food saying khai khai , most of the time he becomes frenzy to attack everybody even to his parents with his nails of both hands and sometimes try to bite, he loves to hear music and to visualise dance in television, since there is no autistic school or autistic expert in siliguri or nearby area, he was admitted in the special school for mentally retarded children and deaf and dumb and a few autistic child. please suggest me how to cure my child. pradip lahiri, siliguri.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
I feel sorry to say that autism has no CURE, there are therepies for MANAGEMENT only. These therapies involve teaching them social skills, occupational skills (at a later age), language & speech therapy etc to make there & family members life easier. These therapies are conducted by special personnel , a specist in child psychology can guide you further.
Answered: Sat, 5 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor