Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

How to control diabetes?

Dear sir, My sister is 26 years old and she was informed about her diabetic checking her blood sugar random was 16 at six months back. As per doctors advice she is taking Amaryl 3 (two nos.) and Metfo-500 (two nos.), Atasin (1 nos.) per day after diagnosis. But the sugar not controlled at satisfactory level. What should we do at this situation?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  141
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic!!
I think the random blood sugar you have typed wrong and is 160 if yes then she can continue the drugs and dosage can be adjusted to bring the sugar levels to normal and she needs to get a fasting blood sugar level FBS and post prandial blood sugar level PPBS for evaluation of the same.
Answered: Fri, 1 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hi Mr.Reza;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Your sister seems to be suffering from either Insulin dependent diabetes or she is not having proper diet control.More possibility of the former.The dosage of medicine she is taking should be enough but still if the sugar is not controlled then you have to consult the doctor for a review so that he may advise injections of insulin or change of medicine .Please consult as soon as possible.
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear thanks for choosing health care magic.Yes doctor is right there are chances that she is having type 1 diabetes or insulin resistance in her body that is the reason why the tablets in sufficient dose in not responding.please see a specialist and change treatment accordingly.Control of sugar by any means is must for all ages and she is quite young so for long term avoidance of complication tight control is must.Ask her to regular exercise and proper diet planning along with this.
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor