Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

How do you know you are having a heart attack ?

im 17 and female, at the moment i kinda have like fluttering but not in my stomach but in my heart, i feel a slight pressure on my chest, my left arm and shoulder are throbing, i feel quite anxious, slightly dizzy, and slightly light headed. is this the start of a heart attack or something like it?
Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Given the fact you are 17 and female, unless you have a known congenital heart defect then the chances are its not a heart attack. Fluttering / palpitations in the chest is usually secondary to a rhythm disturbance. It's quite likely hyperventilation causing the rest of your symptoms + anxiety. Having said all this it would pay to have an ecg done to rule out something more serious, call an ambulance and they can check you out or go to the Emergency Department.
General & Family Physician Dr. Khaleel Ahmed.Manik's  Response
17 yrs , female .cannot be heart attack .As said in the above response could be a congenital rhythm problem of heart . consult a cardiologist get the ECG & Echocardiography done , so that u get a clear picture.
As u have described the symptom u seem to hav knoledge about heart attack that also is adding to ur proiblem along with ur anxiety.
Keep urself busy in studies or any of ur hobbies.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor