Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

How do you get rid of anxiety/panick attacks?

Ive suffered for 5 year now. I remember my 1st time. I was at the post office with my baby girl who i d just had 2 month before. Suddenly i thought i was going to die. I went in shock i could hardly move. I thought oh no please dont die here not like this not with my little girl here and then got out. From then on every waking moment has been the same. I know some people say they suffer up to 10 panic attacks a day but mines seem to be constant. I really cant do anything for myself and daughter i have to rely on too many ppl who dont understand or dont want to understand what im going throught. My daughters at school and i take her but its a nightmare. Im so dizzy i can hardly walk. The sensations i feel make me breathless and unable to talk. If it wheren t for my youngest being in a buggy so i could grab hold of it i dont think id be able to go without colapsing. Ive tried so hard to help myself. Ive worked so hard trying to get rid of my anxiety ive put myself in a state of shock.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Apr 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  288
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well comr to HCM.
It looks you have severe anxiety,may be with depression. Usually both go together,
severe anxiety leading to depression.For this you may need psycho therapy as well
Drugs. Druga used for anxiety are like,alprazolam, lorazopam, buspiron, propaeranolol
etc. For depression usually sertalin,fluaxetin,etc are used depending your wt.Because
with this drugs chances of wait gain are there with sertalin.So you need to consult
psychiatrist at your earliest before you go into severe depression,and at times it is
difficult to come out ones it becomes chronic.Take care thanks
Answered: Thu, 15 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Bharath HS's  Response


I do understand that you are going through tough times in your life, but why haven't you consulted a psychiatrist till now. That is the solution for this. You shall need medications to control such feelings and after taking it for certain duration you shall be fine and remain fine later as well,.

Wish you good health.

Answered: Thu, 20 May 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor