Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

How can we increase the weight of a 1 year old baby ?

my baby is 1 year old her birth weight is 3.3 kg stil she is 7.7 kg what helps my baby in gaining weight mct oil oil or any other suggetion from u to gain weight dr pragnesh
Asked On : Sun, 30 Oct 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  261
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Yes,she is underweight,still there is nothing to worry.Give her food rich in protein like pulses,daliya can give her vegetable soups,fruit juice etc.Apart from this add drops of ghee in food like dal-rice etc,that you are giving to her,this will increase its calorie value without increasing quantity.Please give her traditional homemade things are better then then any special formula feeds.Please also look for worm infestation as this common,if it is there you need to give her medicines for this,please talk to your doctor.

wishing her good health.
Answered: Mon, 31 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor