Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
122 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can muscle spasms in the neck be treated?

What kind of doctor should I see , I have a narrowing between c1, c2 vertebrate . I have symptoms neck spasms, neck pulling to one side, like a Charlie horse in my neck . Can t control my movements in my head, cant even keep it still enough to get an MRI. I don t know if a should see orthopedic or neurosurgeon.
Thu, 7 Sep 2017
Report Abuse
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should consult orthopedic doctor who has specialization in cervical spine surgeries.
You need surgical release of narrowing (C1-C2).
Physiotherapy, cervical collar and muscle relaxant drugs are also important along with surgical correction.
So consult orthopedic doctor and discuss all these.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I had a crick in my neck that went away, but I still have pain on the back left shoulder and I have constant muscle spasms in my upper left arm and...