How can excessive vaginal bleeding due to an ovarian cyst and fibroid be treated?

Hello. My name is Vee a 50 years old woman with a very heavy irregular period. After I had a ultrasound, the result were a cysts of 4.5 cm on the left ovary, and a 10 cm fibrosis... I am on norethisterone, 5 mg , three times a day for 10 days but the day I stop take it, my period is started again and again. My own doctor, from Romania, ( now I live in the UK) prescribed me Duphastone and advised me to take the pills in the same time with norethisterone , but the Dr. here said isn't necessary. I am very confused, depressed, tired of loosing so much blood and my hemoglobin cones in a very lower point meaningly 6. Please kindly advise me better, as I feel myself list of these interminable period. Thank you in advance. Vee.
Fri, 31 Aug 2018
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response

Duphaston is not recommended in your condition. If the menstrual irregularities are not getting treated by medical management, it is better to opt for a surgical method.

Removal of the fibroid or hysterectomy can be preferred.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.