Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

How can ear discharge and hearing loss be treated ?

i am 22 yrs old cadet in NDA.. i am final year cadet...i have got ear purforation after i had a continuous swimming in my first year... and now i have seldom discharge n lost less hearing ... what can be done for that....
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello There..
Welcome to healthcare magic forum..
You need to consult a ENT doctor immediately... He could advice you to start on antibiotics and also discuss about management of perforated ear drum.
Hope this helps..
Take care..
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
Kindly get a routine Ear examination performed by an ENT Specialist and have a Pure Tone Audiogram (PTA) done. You may post your ENT examination and Audiometry findings here for treatment options. You will probably require a Myringoplasty or a Tympanoplasty.
Answered: Sat, 19 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor