Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

How can depression and anxiety be cured ?

I think I may be suffering from adult ADD along with OCD and depression , but the doctors I have seen have yet to correctly diagnose me. They continue to prescribe one antidepressant after another, and none of them work. All I have gained from these meds are weight, more anxiety , and terrible physical side effects. I am still depressed, still performing stupid rituals and still unable to concentrate, focus and complete projects. Please help me get the correct diagnosis.
Asked On : Wed, 11 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
hello suzanne,
its better to consult one of the best psychiatrist in good institutes like nimhans bangalore or aiims.consult as early as possible and follow his advice. take care
Answered: Wed, 11 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
From your history it seems that you have not consulted Psychiatrist.To get correct diagnosis and proper treatment you should go to Psychiatrist and afterward to psychologist for counseling
Self medications or going on changing the medicines by the doctors other than specialist is always to be avoided.
You will definitely be alright with correct diagnosis and proper treatment.
Answered: Wed, 11 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor