Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

How can Parkes Weber Syndrome be treated ?

Hi,my younger sister which is 18 years old,has Parkes Weber Syndrome .Her left leg is swollen,i have read different types of temporary treatments,but which is the better way for making it less swollen? Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
welcome to HCM.
read your prob, in this type of syndrome, arterovenous malformation occurs. due to this local symptoms like swelling , pain etc develop. it affects kidney and heart.
to reduce swelling n pain , she should put on tight fit apparel (dress) or wear tight band on the affected part, it will compress the peripharal artery n veins n swelling will be lessen.
treat of such kind of syndrome is vascular surgery,
dr. Aseem
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor