Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

How can I get rid of stretch marks ?

whats a good way to fade stretch marks or make them less visible????!!!! ive had two kids and during my pregnancies they started to show i have them everywhere!!!! on the bak of my arms on my stomach on my behind and my thighs on the back of my calves what can i do to get rid of them that doesnt require chopping off chunks of my skin! ( surgery ) i heard tanning helps is that true???!!!
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Stretch marks are of three types depending upon their color.
1) dark black - called stria nigra.
2) white - called stria alba.
3) red - called stria rubra.
Treatment, though very unsatisfactory ,depends upon which color stretch marks one has.
Since you said you want to fade stretch marks ,i would guess that you have black stretch marks.(If I am wrong ,kindly correct me).
Black stretch can be improved by using certain creams containing either tretinoin or hydroquinone base.
Some doctors prefer doing derma roller also .But you should understand that results vary from patient to patient and one can never get 100% results.

For white stretch marks ,there are lasers like RELUME. These lasers actually give color to the white line .These are costly lasers and are not so easily available.
I've used this laser for many years ,but the results were variable. There are certain clients where in we see very satisfactory result and what laser does is ,it just makes your white stretch marks match your original skin color,so that it is less visible.
Yes ,its something like tanning of skin .

You can check out this link to know more about lasers ..

Hope this would help you decide your treatment options.If you have any further query ,you can write back to us.


Answered: Tue, 31 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor