Suggest treatment for purpura spots on the arms

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been having these spots for 7 months and I dont know what causes them and what they are it looks blood under the skin and not itchy when I scartch them they get change

I have used once the oatmeal 5% and it helps but they keep coming
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload more images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist). I have noted your concern.
I can see faintly red, dry appearing marks in this image. Perhaps you also have a few stretch marks in this image which look slightly red. Is this your concern?
I would like to know what all body sites are involved?
I request you to kindly upload a few more images of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to have a better idea of your skin condition.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 8 minutes later
It apears in both of my arms but now it is just in the left arm it coms like a small red dot and goes away within a week but this time im getting more of it
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Purpuric spots due to capillary rupture

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

A few of them (faint red and linear) are definitely fresh stretch marks. They would turn white with time.
The small, bright red ones on upper arms seem like they are Purpuric spots. They could be due to trauma e.g perhaps from skin stretching due to muscle building. Underlying fragility and rupture of capillary walls could be a predisposing factor. Such kind of purpuric spots are self resolving
I suggest you to take an Oral Vitamin C supplement once daily for a few days.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 2 days later
This is how it looks now without taking any mediciens , almost gon
What do you think the reason ? Shoud I go to hospital ?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take a vitamin C supplement

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

This is quite expected. These kind of purpuric spots are self resolving. Underlying fragility of capillary walls could be the reason. I suggest you to take an oral Vitamin C supplement once daily for a month. You should be able to get it OTC.