Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

How can I get rid of freckles ?

i am facing problem of freckles from last 7 month i go to many doctors skin specialists but all in vain.pls solve my problem and consult a suitable medicine plz
Asked On : Fri, 16 Sep 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  167
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

welcome to healthcare magic forum
freckels is not a disease but it is condition mainly occur in fair skin
sun exposure increase it
strict sun protection is must
it is also heredity
no cream will be effective
you need to go for procedure like radiocautery or co2 laser
i hope i answered your question
Answered: Fri, 16 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic
thanks for the query
generally treatment is not so much helpful in it.the best thing is to avoid the sun
you can use a good sun screen for its further enhancement
now laser ,cryotherapy, and chemical peels only reduce to some extent but not permanent.
use sunscreens that protect against UV-A and UV-B radiation and to avoid sun exposure
take care
Answered: Fri, 16 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response

welcome to healthcaremagic forum,

There are no medicines for freckles.But you should use a good sunscreen.
The only way you can get rid off freckles is by LASERS.The best choice of laser is Q-SWITCHED Nd:Yag LASER of the wavelength 532nm .Only one sessions would be required and results are very satisfactory.

I would advise you to consult a dermatologist who has a laser practice also and has this specific laser .Since this particular laser is costly ,not many doctors keep this in their clinic.But I've used this particular laser for more than 10 years and I know couple of places where you can get one.So,probably I cam guide you if you can tell me where you belong to .

Hope this answers your query. In case you need further help, I am available for the follow ups.

Dr.Bharat Chawda
Answered: Sat, 17 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor