Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

How are red rashes and spots on the body treated ?

I have developed speckled, red, slightly itchy and dry spots on my torso and chest . I have no idea what they are. at first I thought it was ring worm but no, the dots have spread. I also have one large one on my neck and also inner thigh. Please, any tips?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  385
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
You seem to have developed lesions of pityriasis rosea.
It presents with oval round lesions especially over the trunk lesions. Most of the lesions are small but there is always one prominent big oval lesion.

It is a self limiting disease with new lesions appearing every few days. May take turn two months for complete recovery.

You may apply rod topical steroid if you have itching.

See a nearby dermatologist for confirmation of diagnosis and further management.

Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Wed, 20 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor