Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Hot rash spreading over upper body after eating tortilla chips, no known food allergies. Treatment for allergy?

22, Male, 6 0 , 210 lbs. Hello. Tonight, about 2 hours after eating tortilla chips and hot salsa (which I eat on a fairly regular basis) I suddenly broke out in a hot rash that gradually spread over most of my upper body and head. it almost felt like a sun burn . I ve never had an allergic reaction before in my entire life. I eat spicy foods all of the time and also have no known food allergies (Have always been able to eat peanut, gluten , wheat, and soy products.) Any idea what this could have been? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  135
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

If there was such a sudden outbreak, this could most probably be a hypersensitivity reaction requiring the administration of anti-histamine medication. Depending on your situation we can administer either an injection or give you a tablet for the same. Please visit the ER at the earliest for treatment.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor