Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Hit the water hurting the right ear, paining. Is the eardrum hurt ?

I was SUP today and I fell off the board and I guess I hit the water at a weird angle because when I came up my right ear was hurting. This was around 11am it is now almost 5pm and I m still in a fair amount of pain. Is this something that will go away on it s own---did I really just give the eardrum a good whack? I ve been a swimmer all my life and granted I haven t been in the water for some time but I ve never had pain like this unless it was swimmer s ear.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
It is possible that you have a ruptured ear drum.
Do not worry, traumatic ruptures of the drum heal very well unless complicated by infection.
Please see an ENT specialist for further management.
Till then keep your ear dry, do not probe your ears or try to clean with ear buds.
Dr Kishori.
Answered: Thu, 26 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor