Suggest treatment for recurrent ear infection

Posted on Fri, 15 Sep 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: why am I always getting ear infections? last year I had swimmer's ear in both ears and then after they cleared up, I got it again in my left ear along with a middle ear infection. this year I have a slight ear infection in my left ear.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Otitis externa

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare magic and thanks for putting up the query
repeated ear infections can be due to frequent nasal infections or throat infections or due to entry of water in to the ear while bathing or swimming.
Please tell me do you have any relevant history.
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 7 hours later
I had tubes in my ears when I was a kid. I get post nasal drip due to allergies (dust pollen, ragweed) which went from pretty severe when I was a kid to mild now). I do go swimming from time to time but not alot
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Otitis externa

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the information.

The history of tubes means you had eustachian tube blockage for which grommet insertion was done.
You should get an X-ray paranasal sinuses done and please send me the pictures.

Also, tell me do you have any pain on moving pinna or pressing the tragus?
This is an important information. Please let me know so that I can advise you accordingly.

Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 32 minutes later
what do u mean mean moving pinna or pressing the tragus?? my left jaw has been stuff since this infection which I forgot to mention started with a sinus infection two weeks ago. they gave me a z pack for sinus infection but didn't really help with ear infection. this ear infection doesn't bother me too.much except my jaw and itching inside at times and some pain at times
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Otitis externa

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.
Take tablet amoxyclav 625 twice daily and tablet diclofenac plus serratiopeptidase twice daily
Put ciprofloxacin ear drops 3 times a day and nasal spray twice daily.

Take all for 5 days.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available at prescription only.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist