Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Hit on the forehead above eye brow causing small cut, lump and headache. Should I go to doctor?

i had an object hit me in the forehead above the right eye brow.. I have a lump and a headache ... There was no fall and there is a small cut about 1 1/2 inch long. should a doctor visit be warrented and if so how long should i wait.. to go to the hospital means a very long wait and no real assurance it will be handled properly.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  294
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Generally most of head traumas without lost of consciousness does not cause any brain injuries. There fore with minor traumas, doctor visit is not extremely necessary. Your incision if it is not deep one, and the verges of the wound are close together also does not need stitches.
But this situation can change and if some symptoms will appear, you should than visit a doctor right away. You should be aware of headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, weakness. If any of mentioned will appear, you should not wait anymore. Otherwise, you can stay home and rest if doctors visit is something hardly available.
Hope this will help.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor