Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

History of irregular periods. Medication to immediately stop period?

I would like to stop my period immediately. I am on no form of contraceptive but I have been bleeding since last Monday. I have always had a problem with irregular periods. I have in the past used 2 pills to stop it. However, this time I m not sure because I have a packet of Trigestral and I m not sure if this will work though. I used Nordette in the past.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Since your problem is persistent, I would not suggest self-medication. You should take the advise of a specialist after a clinical evaluation. In the current scenario, you would need styptics as well as hormones to stop the bleeding. Further more, you would need proper assessment to know the cause of your irregular cycles and plan further management. You need complete blood counts, urinalysis, hormone profile including thyroid profile and insulin levels, serum DHEAS levels and a trans-vaginal sonogram. Hope this helps.
Answered: Sun, 6 Sep 2015
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor