Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Hip pain, knee pain, not able to walk, neck pain. Arthritis or deteriorated hip joint or MS?

I have bad (R) hip pain that affects me rising from a seated position and in walking. It is so bad that often I avoid walking as much as I can. The pain also often runs down my thigh to my knee . Sometimes I have shooting, quick, stabbing , pain from th lower part of my neck up my neck. Is it arthritis , deteriorated hip joint , MS, or just what. I have not seen a doctor. I have had this discomfort for almost 2 years now but it is getting much worse. Thank you for helping me know what I might be dealing with.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
There are two possibilities.
1. If pain is more on front part and you can not sit or squat then it is most probably hip arthritis.
2, If pain is more on the back of thigh and it is shooting in nature then it it most probably Sciatica or disc prolapse.
I want to suggest you to show it to orthopaedic surgeon and get it investigated. He may ask you to get MRI and x ray to confirm the diagnosis.
Answered: Wed, 7 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor