Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Hip injury, discomfort on walking, broken movable bone. How to cure my injury?

I was skateboarding Today and I fell on the right side of my hip, and since then. When i move my right leg. A bone on the side of my hip moves around uncomfortably. I can manage to walk, but the pain is quite uncomfortable. I am not sure what bone is moving around, but it is closest to the skin, directly on the right side of my hip. And has barely any muscle covering it. I am hoping that this injury is fixable, and I would like to know if there is anything I can do to fix my hip. Thank you very much.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

Your history suggest that probably there is dislocation of your hip joint and which you feel is most probably the head or greater trochanter of femur. posterior dislocation of hip is more common that anterior dislocation. It is also of utmost important to exclude the fractures of the neck of femur or rim of acetabulam. Therefore i ask you to go for a x-ray of hip joint both ap and lateral view to exclude fractura. If there is only dislocation without fracture some maneuvre may be done to correct it without operation. Otherwise operation should have been done. Consult a orthopedic surgeon, get locally examined and take his opinion.
Thank you.
Answered: Mon, 1 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor