Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

High temperature of 38c in baby even after taking medicines. See a doctor?

what is the worst temperatures for a child,my baby Liam of 5mths and 2wks has been running between 36-38c, went already to see a doc, he has a viral rash which has been there for like 2 wks now and has been given paradenk 125mg suppositorie, and Ebastel at the hospital like 6 hrs ago but the fever is now at 38.9c, worried what should i do. should i go back now to the hospital or do i still watch.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
You have already consult with your doctor. So no need to worry.

If temperature is below 38 C/102 F , its most probably viral infection , even some time viral infection also reached upto 102 F,

> 102 f Temperature indicated bacterial infection. And it need appropriate Antibiotic.

Some time viral fever take 5 to 6 days to settle ,

I would Advice:
1.Take medicine which already proscribed your doctor.
2.If Fever is not subside, you should get her evaluated once for her complaint to get her examined
physically by a pediatrician.
3.If necessary do investigation,( Fever profile )
4.Keep your baby Hydrate (Sugar 4 tsf+ salt 1/2 tsf+ 1/2 liter water, Fresh fruit juice, coconut water
etc )
5.Cold sponging.

I wish your child recover soon
Regards Dr. Sagar Mhatre

Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor