Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

High Blood sugar. On Glyciphage, Amloz H and Amlodac H. What medication do I take?

Dear Doctor: At present my Blood Sugar ( Fasting ) is 167 & (PP) 180. Since last five months I am taking Glyciphage G1 one tablet each after Lunch & Dinner. Now the Doctor has added & adviced me to take one Tablet of Amloz H or Amlodac H daily. Prior to this for six years, I have been regularly taking one Tablet of Glimriprex-2 before breakfast & one tablet each of Glyciphage SR-500after Lunch & Dinner. I am also taking Amtas At for Blood Pressure . Kindly advice me what should I do & which medicine should I continue? I am type 2 Diabetic.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Pearl and thanks for the query
Your fasting sugar is high it should be around 110. But this a spot sugar cannot give us any idea about the medication. Get your HbA1c done and if it is less than 8 continue with the same medication and control your diet and lifestyle.
If it is more than 8 you have to revise your medication or if needed Insulin may be used for a short period of time. Amloz H or Amlodac H is used to control Blood pressure not sugar. In my opinion consult your doctor again and revise your Diabetic medications. We have a wide range of drugs to control diabetes.
Best Wishes
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor