Heartburn, burning pain in back, difficulty in swallowing, bloating. History of GERD. Advice

I have been having GERD for the last 22 years and the last endoscopy was done 5 years ago and it was found normal. Since one year my symptoms got worse, I hv been having constant nausea and heart hurn. Doctors put me on Nexpro and omprezole but it came back from time to time. Now since one month I have developed new complications. One month ago after having a couple of Red Wine glasses, in my sleep I felt a burning pain on the right side of my upper back below the shoulder pain along with heart burn. Then afterwards I have been having a slight swallowing difficulty with a slight upper back pain (right side like before). Also I have more frequent burping and bloating up and feeling vomitish all the time. Is this a serious condition? Please advise.
Sat, 29 Jun 2013
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Upper right abdominal pain, radiating to the back or shoulder, nausea and vomiting are quite characteristic for gallstones. The pain usually appears after fatty foods or alcohol.
Another thing is your GERD. You need to know that due to chronic stomach acid irritation of the stomach and esophagus, inflammation appears. Such inflammation if is present long enough can turn into a cancer. That is why, it is important to have it under control and gastroscopy from time to time. Gastroscopy should be definitely done when symptoms are getting worse.

I suggest you to visit your doctor, have abdominal ultrasound and gastdoscopy done.

Hope this will help.
Regards.