Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Headache when wearing glasses, ear pain. What is wrong?

Hi, I ve been wearing glasses for over 20 years and I ve never had this problem. I m getting headaches every time I wear my glasses. And it starts with a throbbing pain behind my ears then I get a horrible headache. I thought that maybe it was the pressure from the glasses behind my ear. I have 3 pairs of glasses and they feel loose behind the ear but I still went ahead and had them stretch out where I bought them. They put them under a heating machine and stretch out the part that goes behind the ear. Even after that I still have the same problem. It s a horrible throbbing pain. And one of those pairs that I have, I ve had for 2 years and it never gave me this problem. Now all of a sudden I m getting these headaches. I need to figure out what is wrong because I can t see without my glasses. Thanks, Sue
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  2106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I read your query regarding pain in ear after wearing glasses, and this pain is behind the ears.

Though for cofirmation clinical examination is must but most likely you are having some dermatitis behind your ears due to chronic irritation by frame of glasses.

to treat it avoid glasses for sometimes and use antiseptic cream having steroides for some times.

Answered: Thu, 15 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor