Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Head injury, pain in jaw and temple when opening mouth. Should I be worried about concussion?

I hit my right temple on my ceiling fan a while ago (there was enough force to make me nearly fall off my bed) and now my jaw hurts and hurts my temple when I open my mouth. When it first hit my head felt warm like something was running down it and then there was immediatly a sharp stabbing pain. Should I be worried about a concussion? What should I do? I also suffer from severe migraines.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  733
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Welcome to HCM forum
As you have hurt your temporomandibular joint so it is better to get an X ray done to see whether there is any fracture line.Till then you can do cold sponges and apply local analgesic ointment.Take tablet paracetamol.
If there is any vomiting then visit a physician as soon as possible.

Best wishes
Answered: Sat, 20 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor